Indianapolis Foreclosure Statistics June 2008
Everyone in Indianapolis knows, when it rains it pours. This week has been “one of those”, where both computers have been in for repair. For an entire 15 hours, I had no computer access at home. Amazing how dependant we are on these little machines. That’s my explanation for why the foreclosure report is a few days late
Originally, this was supposed to be posted here three days ago, so the stats are a few days old.
There are currently 22,679 homes available for sale in the entire Indianpolis area served by our BLC. Of these listings, 2615 are in the process of foreclosure or have been foreclosed on. These include:
- Bank owned
- HUD Owned
- Possible Short Sale
Of the homes included in these catgories, the breakdown for price is:
- 930 homes are priced at $50,000. or less
- 856 homes are priced between $50,000–100,000.
- 496 homes are priced between $101,000–150,000.
- 171 homes are priced between $151,000–200,000
- 60 homes are priced between $201,000–250,000
- 35 homes are priced between $251,000–300,000
- 19 homes are priced between $301,000–350,000
- 11 homes are priced between $351,000–400,000
- 34 homes are priced over $401,000.
Of the 22,679 homes avaiable, 2264 are priced under $50,000, with a total of 7108 homes priced under $100,000. If you are looking for a good investment, first home, or fix and flip, there are many goods deals. There are also some homes in truly “bad” condition, which would not justify the price.
My suggestion for those looking to find a deal is, consider all the costs!
Hi Eric - Did I pass the test?
Hey Paula! Just checkin' it out to make sure you're blog's a do-follow!
Paula, I'm doing some research on Marion County foreclosures and can't find historical data. My goal is to show what normal is and what has happened over the past 2 years.
Do you have or know who might have historical foreclosure data for Marion County/Indy?
Post a Comment